Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sacrifice for FINANCIAL Freedom

FINANCIAL FREEDOMI hope you all had a wonderful holiday weekend in celebration of our amazing country. We are truly blessed.In deciding where I wanted to spend the July 4th holiday weekend (which by the way is a wonderful thing to have the luxury to get to decide) I decided that there was no better place to celebrate our independence than at our Nation’s Capital. And as I sat on the lawn in front of the Lincoln Monument having passed by the Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial earlier that day, I started thinking about the true price of freedom. The hundreds of thousands of lives, the laws, the democracy that makes this country great…the sacrifice.

And then I started thinking about the price of financial freedom. A sacrifice all in its own. Being financially independent and financially “free” requires a commitment. See everyone wants it, but only few attain it because they aren’t willing to make the same sacrifice. That means giving up your favorite TV show, working long hours until your business is on autopilot or you have enough money in investments to live off of etc. At the age of 21, when my friends were out partying, at bars, going to the movies, etc, I chose to go to law school. At the age of 25, when my peers and coworkers would leave work as soon as the clock stuck 5pm, I chose to work longer hours to make more money to save for another investment property. At the age of 28, when I was on the verge of losing it all, I lived in my garage, I ate out of tuna cans just so I wouldn’t lose my houses to foreclosure. Even when I had lots of money in the bank I chose to invest more than buy more “stuff” to keep up with the Jones’.

When I found YTB, I made a commitment to give one presentation every day for a 90 day period, we called it the 90 Day Blitz. My commitment started a momentum, and I ended up giving 126 YTB presentations over the 90 day blitz period. If you do the math, you'll see that there were several days where I was giving two and even three presentations a day.
These are all choices. Sacrifice. Commitment. It separates us from the rest. If it was easy, everyone would do it….do you have the commitment that it takes to be financially free? Ask yourself what you did last week to further your business, your personal goals and your purpose in life. If you made 3 phone calls, make 6 this week. If you went to the gym once, go twice this week. If you complimented 2 people last week, compliment 4. It's not who you are when you're a millionaire, it's who you become along the way.

Be FREE.

No comments: