Friday, July 25, 2008

How does it feel?

I had someone ask me the following question today:
“So what does it feel like to be a millionaire?”
I’m sure my face went blank for a few seconds. See I always knew that I would be a multi-millionaire, probably since I was 13 years old, I just didn’t know when, or how. So when it happened, it just felt that it was always there and always belonged…I never really celebrated any determining moment (and therefore will be buying a bottle of champagne for tonight for a little post celebrating! )

…and I’m sure that being a millionaire means different things for different people. For some it means fancy clothes, jewelry, a nice house, bragging rights, etc. For some, it means being about to donate to charity, vacations and quitting their jobs.

For me…for me being a millionaire means having peace of mind. I no longer have to call the credit card companies before I go to the grocery store to make sure there’s enough of a balance on the card. I no longer have to spend hours looking at all of the bills to try and figure out how to rob Peter to pay Paul. I no longer have to live in my garage and eat out of tuna fish cans. I don’t have to borrow money from friends to put gas in my car.

Don’t get me wrong….the ability to buy whatever you want is an amazing feeling, and I acknowledge how fortunate I am to live on the beach (they say if you’re lucky enough to live at the beach, you’re lucky enough!) and I mean yes, I plan on buying about 10 acres of gorgeous oceanfront property in Oregon but I plan on using it as a YTB retreat for all of my Coach’s Corner members and Directors on Team Pride.

It’s amazing what you can do with your mind when it isn’t trying to figure out how you’re going to pay for things. The things your mind can create when it isn't covered by stress will amaze you.

And if you’re a firm believer in the law of attraction like I am, then you should NOT be thinking “I’m so glad I don’t have any credit card debt” or “I’ve paid off all of my debt”…because what you’re thinking about is debt, and that’s what you’ll get more of! Act like a millionaire, think like a millionaire, live like a millionaire and you will achieve millionaire status!

They say money doesn’t buy happiness…and to a certain extent I agree – but I don’t see very many poor people who are happy that they can’t send their kids to piano lessons. I don’t see very many people happy about the fact that they’ve lost their homes. I don’t see very many people happy about the fact that they’ve lost their jobs and have spent their retirement money. So no, money doesn’t buy happiness, but it sure as heck doesn’t hurt!!

No comments: