Monday, August 25, 2008

Team Pride Newsletter

This is truly the first opportunity I've had after a YTB whirlwind of the 2008 National Convention in St. Louis, giving 4 presentations in 5 days in Canada, fighting Laryngitis, and then a Convention Extension this past weekend in Costa Mesa. I'm humbled by all of your wonderful and touching emails and look forward to meeting you all at upcoming events.

Last night we had one of the best events ever! There was 100+ people in the room, great energy and a very high sign up rate...one of my highest ever.
But having given 126 presentations in 90 days, here's the #1 question people ask me all the time: How do you get them there?? What's the point of having a presentation if no one shows up?!

Well, here's the basics:
When I first started giving presentations, I only had 2 people in the room, after inviting 100. Those two people turned into 4, and then 10...and that's all I needed to get me started.

Next, it's a numbers game...seriously. The more people that you ask, the more people are going to say no, and the more people are going to say yes. It's a game of statistics....

And then there's of course the one liners...as soon as they say it's not for them, or no thank you: here's a few of my favorite lines:

1) "yeah, you're probably right....you wouldn't be any good at this"...man, does that make people mad!
2) "I don't care if you don't do it, I DO care if you don't see it"
3) "I really appreciate your opinion, but I'd appreciate it a lot more if it was an educated one. Come to the presentation and then you can tell me NO"

If you’re in the Southern California area, you’re welcome to join us for a team Beach Bonfire, September 6th from 6pm-10pm in Huntington Beach. Details are on my website.

For more one liners, conversation starters and presentation ideas...visit www.SabrinaDagostino.com and Pre-order your copy of my new book Living Life Residually

No comments: